So, it took me about 30 minutes to select who I'd want on the field to score touchdowns. Caveat: I'm 28. I've only really seen and known the Bills for 25 years (I was more interested in "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" ages 1-3). That's half of the team's existence. However, I think most Bills fans would agree the team featured better players and better fortune during the latter years than the former -- at least, that's how I feel with four Super Bowl appearances versus two AFL Championships.
Without further delay, here we go:
Quarterback: Jim Kelly -- No brainer, as good as Jack Kemp was in his day Kelly was just much better.
Runningback: Thurman Thomas -- O.J. Simpson was a better runner, but I like Thomas was the better all-purpose back. Plus, you know ... . Cookie Gilchrist would be my short yardage back. NOTE: Marshawn Lynch isn't an option ... but, you can select Kenneth Davis, Wray Carlton, Roland Hooks and Antowain Smith. Was Lynch intentionally or unintentionally left off the list? Trent Edwards isn't on the list, either -- so, upon further review it appears intentional, but without malice.
Wideouts: Andre Reed, James Lofton and Lee Evans -- Eric Moulds was good, but I like Evans to stretch the field, allowing Reed to catch balls over the middle for 40-plus yards after the catch.
Tight End: Pete Metzelaars -- He's first in receptions and touchdowns as a tight end. Metzelaars probably benefited from being on the same field as Kelly and the K-gun offense more so than any other player.
Offensive Line: Kent Hull, Joe DeLamielleure, Howard "House" Ballard, Billy Shaw and Ruben Brown -- Honorable mention: Jim Ritcher. Brown started every game he played for Buffalo and was always a great interview.
Special teams: Steve Tasker -- It's kind of unfair that Tasker is up against returners like Roscoe Parrish and Terrence McGee. Parrish and McGee are play makers, but so was Tasker.
Kicker: Scott Norwood -- Buffalo's always embraced Norwood, and I have a feeling fans will want him on this list. Steve Christie has better stats, but Norwood means more to Bills' history.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it clean.