Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TO, cont'd

The Times Herald's Chuck Pollock, who's likely the longest tenured columnist covering the Bills today, is not a fan of the Terrell Owens signing -- dubbing it the "the Bills worst signing ever." Chuck's instincts are usually spot-on. 

CONSIDER me among the first to say, “I told you so.”

Let me go on record now as saying this is the single worst signing in the 50-year history of the franchise ... with apologies to Derrick Dockery and Peerless Price (the second time).

And the potential for collateral damage is colossal.

It’s not a question of if T.O.’s Buffalo meltdown will come, merely when.
He goes on to say how terrible the signing is, though he doesn't really address that it's only for one year. Will any "meltdown" be so catastrophic that it will paralyze the franchise from making the playoffs for another nine years? I don't think so, and for once I hope Chuck's wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean.